- deejberndt likes this
- rebcat likes this
- sad-sorry likes this
- fastwalkerslowwriter likes this
- markn likes this
- sarahtuefee likes this
- 19841979 likes this
- zzellers likes this
- salmonbella reblogged this from muumuuhouse
- kirstenragen likes this
- animalitoinexpresivo likes this
- michaelvaughnlambert likes this
- janitorass likes this
- coloradoh likes this
- spiritualinversion reblogged this from muumuuhouse
- faster-machine likes this
- muumuuhouse reblogged this from popserial
- muumuuhouse likes this
- beethoventhemovie likes this
- jacksonnieuwland likes this
- becauseitsmyname likes this
- katieeha likes this
- spencermadsen likes this
- coffintrick likes this
- alllllllli reblogged this from popserial
- alllllllli likes this
- mrianmbelcurry likes this
- fuckingold likes this
- popserial posted this
Paul stood in line staring blankly. He thought about when he mailed stolen batteries to Mexico and lied multiple times to the clerk that inside the package were “small, heavy books made out of metal.” Paul distantly thought about grinning and felt a little dizzy. Paul had an image of himself grinning. He felt a mild pain behind his eyeballs. About ten minutes passed. Paul went to the counter and put a package on the counter.
“Media mail,” said Paul in a depressed monotone.
“Would you like to upgrade to express,” said the woman.
“No,” said Paul in a sad voice.
The woman began to ask another question.
Paul felt himself waiting for the woman to stop talking.
“No,” said Paul when the woman finished talking.
Paul looked at his cell phone. “Not getting text messaged,” he thought. “Is she unavailable to me, is this a problem to me. Should I look for more text messages to delete right now.”
“I can’t get you to say yes,” the woman was saying.
“Paul felt severely depressed,” thought Paul.
“No,” said Paul grinning a little.
“Do you want your change back,” said the woman.
“Yes,” said Paul with complex feelings of depression.
“I got you to say yes,” said the woman.” Tao Lin, from “Library,” in the Milan Review (via popserial)